Fluoridation has only one good thing going for it. It may save up to 6 tenths of a tooth surface from decay out of 128 tooth surfaces. That’s the best that unbiased researchers could legitimately find as a benefit for fluoridation.
However, the harm and risks associated with water fluoridation are quite astounding and overwhelming.
First of all, before we get into those details, let’s lay some groundwork.
Do you know that the kind of fluoride substance used to fluoridate the majority of drinking water supplies in most of North America is an industrial toxic waste called hydrofluorosilicic acid (chemical formula H2SiF6) that comes from the wet scrubbers of the smoke stacks of the phosphate fertilizer industry? That’s right. It’s an untested, uncontrolled chemical toxic waste. It’s a silicofluoride. It also contains a number of toxic substances in its fluid mix such as lead, arsenic, mercury, and usually contains any or all of the following substances as well: cadmium, selenium, radium, radon, polonium, radioactive uranium 238, mercury, chromium and phosphorus.
That’s what you are swallowing with every glass of water that you drink. Is that then really a healthy drink? I don’t think so!
The bad things that result from drinking some of this acid with your fluoridated water are many and varied. The list is long, so brace yourself.
1. Dental fluorosis, now exceeding 40% in North America, as seen in white, brown and even black spots and streaks on teeth, pitted, cracked and broken teeth weakened by dental fluorosis
2. Joint pain and arthritic symptoms (bone fluorosis)
3. Very narrow margin of safety between acceptable safety and toxic levels
4. Impossible to control total amount (dose) of ingested fluoride with water
5. Is an unapproved, untested drug
6. Violates medical ethics of informed consent
7. Violates pharmacological principle of oversight
8. Fluoride is available from many sources
9. Increased toxicity due to lead, arsenic and other contaminants in fluoride substance used
10. Fluoride leaches lead from old pipes and copper joint solder into the water supply – lead is highly toxic
11. Interaction between fluoride and other chemicals already in the water may form toxic substances with unknown impact on human health
12. Accumulates in bones, changing their crystal structure and weakening them
13. Accumulates in the pineal gland, damaging its function
14. Inactivates 62 enzymes, especially those needed for digestion and protein synthesis
15. Increasing number of children with fluoride toxicity as shown by dental fluorosis
16. Reduced IQ in children with dental fluorosis
17. Increased incidence of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia concurrent with fluoridation
18. May be tied to birth defects such as Down Syndrome, spina-bifida, others
19. Causes hypothyroidism
20. Affects the immune system
21. Increasing number of cancer cases concurrent with increase in fluoridation
22. Increased incidence of osteosarcoma among teenage males
23. Allergic and other adverse reactions to fluoride in 1- 2% of population tested
24. Previous health studies were done at a time when environmental pollution was not a problem
25. Risk of harming unborn children without the mother’s knowledge in early gestation
26. Indiscriminately doses everyone with a toxic chemical
27. Forces ingestion onto those vulnerable to chemical sensitivities
28. Causes genetic damage and cell death (apoptosis)
Fluoride chemicals are deadly poisons. When swallowed in quantities in excess of 100 grams at one time, they will kill you. Fluoridation is forced medication without oversight by any medical practitioner. Long term (chronic) ingestion of small quantities of fluoride substances will have a cumulative effect on your health and well being, even in concentrations as small as 0.1 mg per litre.
The substance used to fluoridate our tap water is not a pharmaceutical grade of fluoride, but hydrofluorosilicic acid, a highly toxic waste product produced by the phosphate fertilizer industry, and has replaced the previously used sodium fluoride from the aluminium and steel industries.
1. Fluoride is a food chain and environmental pollutant. Less than 1% is swallowed by people; more than 99% ends up in the environment
2. Very harmful effects done to aquatic plants and fish and micro organism fish feed on
3. Very harmful to farm and wildlife animals of all types
4. Very harmful to crops and other plants in the environment
5. Increased toxicity due to lead, arsenic, radioactive nucleotides and inorganic contaminants in the fluoride contaminant used in water fluoridation
1. Nutritional awareness has improved
2. Oral hygiene is generally greatly improved
3. Steady cavity decline in both fluoridated and non fluoridated communities
4. Environmental pollution is today’s main threat to health
5. Fluoride is now added to most toothpaste and mouth rinses
6. Fluoride is part of most reconstituted and processed foods and beverages because they are prepared with fluoridated water
1. Cost of fluoridating the water supply increases the need for raising taxes
2. Ongoing overhead expenses for providing fluoridated water increases need for raising taxes
3. Fluoride has been shown to corrode some water pipes, raising taxes to replace damaged pipes
4. Over 99% of the tax dollars spent on fluoridation is wasted due to the actual drinking of tap water being less than 1% of the total amount of treated water supplied
1. Compulsory mass medication – municipalities and decision makers are open to class action suits due to illegality of providing illegal medication
2. City Councillors are legally responsible for administering a fluoride chemical as a drug even though they are not doctors
3. Fluoridation equipment and technology can be misused by terrorists
Well, there you have it. So tell me, why would anyone want to swallow this stuff with each glass of water?
For more information see these web sites: Fluoridation-Free Ottawa, Fluoride Action Network and SecondLook – Bibliography of Scientific Literature on Fluoride.
To help us with our public awareness campaign, please contribute to the cause with a donation. Make your cheque, bank draft or money order to Fluoridation-Free Ottawa and mail or deliver it c/o 1385 Matheson Rd, Ottawa, K1J 8B5. Any amount will help or $10, $20, $50, $100 or more. Receipts for business purposes issued on request. Tax receipts not available: we can not get charitable status for tax purposes.